This sounds really delicious! I’m totally going to have to gather up the few ingredients which my pantry currently lacks and make this sometime very soon!
Shahi translates to ‘Wedding’ in Hindi. This is a rich curry served in weddings as ‘Shahi Paneer’- of course – non-vegan loaded with yogurt, cream, cottage cheese and butter. I tried a vegan version of this using tofu, cashew and coconut cream. Mine is better tasting than the non-vegan original version. 🙂 Is this what you call confidence? Anyways, it was easy to make. Just one spice powder-Shahi masala and 1 herb-Kasoori methi. So not really complicated.
- 2 onions-cubed
- Garlic-5 pods
- Ginger-a small piece
- 2 tomatoes-cubed
- Tofu-250 gms- I used a medium firm tofu
- Cashews(40 gms) soaked in 1/4 cup light coconut cream
- Shahi paneer masala-1.5 tbsp + 2 tsp for tofu
- 1 green chili
- Kasoori methi-2 pinches rubbed between index finger and palm to break it down
- Pistachios, Almonds, sultanas- roasted in 1/2 tsp oil-for seasoning
- oil-2 tsp
- cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Natural sweetener-1 tsp
View original post 204 more words