It really amazes me that so many people think that animal products are the only good source of protein. It’s very simple to meet one’s protien needs without ever even intentionally ingesting protein.
Disease is Not Sexy, Healthy is Sexy
Many people believe that protein can only be obtained through eating meat, eggs, and dairy. Did you know, though, that every whole food contains protein? Yes, that means that fruit and vegetables contain protein! Everything from figs, avocados, cucumbers – the list goes on. Eating a wide variety of fruit and vegetables will ensure that you get the appropriate amino acids (building blocks of protein) that are much more easier for the body to use than consuming protein in the form of animal products.
1. Chia seeds (1/4 cup = 12 grams)
2. Hemp seeds (1/4 cup = 10 grams)
3. Sunflower seeds (1/4 cup = 8 grams)
4. Spirulina (1 oz. = 16 grams)
5. Quinoa (1/4 cup dry = 6 grams)
6. Sesame seeds (1/4 cup = 7 grams)
7. Pumpkin seeds (1 oz. = 9.35 grams)
8. Mushrooms (1 cup…
View original post 136 more words